How to Unlock iPhone
How You Should Unlock your iPhone after You Receive a Confirmation Message From Us.
If you are an individual that would like to know how you can unlock your iPhone after you receive a confirmation message from us, then steps have been mentioned below. You will need to follow these steps just in case you do not receive a success message from iTunes or if you feel that your iPhone is not being unlocked due to a different SIM card that provides you with No Service.
Option 1: How to Unlock an iPhone:
- You should start off by installing the most recent version of iTunes if you do not already have it installed. Make sure that you have connection to the Internet. You can download iTunes easily from the Apple website.
- Connect your phone to iTunes with the not valid SIM card or the valid AT&T if your phone needs to be activated.
- Next, you should carry out a backup.
- After that, you should do a restore.
- Your phone is now unlocked and the message should pop up on iTunes.
Keep in mind that the message does not appear sometimes. If this happens, you can test this with a non valid SIM card. If you obtain service, this means that your iPhone has been unlocked.
If your iPhone won’t unlock or cannot obtain any signal, then you should carry out the backup and restore steps as described above. It can take around 3 times sometimes to get the phone unlocked. Another way to unlock your phone is to try doing another restore on a different computer. This solution has done the trick many times.
If it still won’t work, then you should erase all the settings and content. Then you should setup as a new phone and then follow the instructions provided below one by one until your phone is officially unlocked.
Option 2: How to Unlock your Phone
- You should purchase a SIM card from other carriers besides AT&T like Simple Mobile, T-Mobile, etc. You should place this SIM card into your iPhone (5, 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G).
- Plug the phone along with the SIM card into your computer. Make sure that your iTunes has been updated to the most recent version.
- Wait a few moments so that iTunes can recognize your iPhone. Once it recognizes your phone, iTunes will try to activate the phone.
- A message will come up on the screen of iTunes as No SIM supported or invalid SIM card. It might even show up as a blank screen.
- Unplug the phone from the computer and insert the official AT&T card only into the computer. iTunes will once again try to activate your phone through the server of Apple.
- Once this stage has been passed you will see a screen that will congratulate you on your unlocked iPhone.
- From here you have passed the iPhone unlock and activation path and now you are ready to place the other carrier’s SIM Card.
- Signals should show that your iPhone has been officially unlocked and is ready to be used.
If none of the above methods are working out, then a third method has been provided below to help you unlock your phone.
Option 3: How to Unlock an iPhone
If for any reason the above methods just don’t work out for your, then you should think about trying about this restore method.
- Empty your SIM card tray of your phone. If the SIM Card is present in the tray, you will not be able to restore and access iTunes.
- Plug the phone into your laptop and wait until phone is recognized by your iTunes. Update your iTunes by downloading the latest version.
- Click on the “Restore” button to proceed with the Terms and Agreement and Backup agreement.
- Once the restore procedure has begun, you should place a SIM card besides the AT&T one into the iPhone.
- Wait for the process to be completed and for the iPHone to reboot.
- Once the phone has been rebooted, your iPhone will be activated by iTunes with an unlock ticket utilizing your SIM card.
- You will see message in your iTunes congratulating you on your unlocked phone.
- You are done here and you should obtain a signal from your certain carrier.
- Your phone is unlocked permanently. You can now update easily in the future for any new updates of iOS.
If your iPhone still does not activate after these steps, then you should utilize an active SIM card of AT&T to be able to activate your phone or get the previous owner’s billing zip code. Also, when you are unlocking your phone you should keep in mind that this is totally different from activating it.
Restore restore your iPhone to original settings:
You will receive a notification from us as soon as the unlocking process has been done. Once you have received the notification, kindly do the following:
Create a backup copy of all the important files saved on your iPhone
Restore you iPhone’s setting to its original settings,
Go to >General > Settings > Reset >Erase All Content and Settings> and then click on erase iPhone, and after waiting a few minutes. You will see ” insert sim card for activation”. Please insert a sim card such as: t-mobile, net 10, simple mobile, straight talk, etc.,
For iPhone 1st generation and 3 generation (3g), you must need to connect to iTunes to unlock the iPhone.
For 3gs, 4, 4s, and 5, you can unlock your iPhone without itunes. Just make sure you have a wifi connection to complete this process. (See video below)
Once you are done, you have successfully finished unlocking your iPhone.
See video below
General Note: If your iPhone has been Jail-broken (it means you had (Cydia installed or any custom software), there is a 99% chance that your iPhone will be stuck at apple logo. You will need reinstall a fresh firmware again, and you need to find a technician or find a solution on search engines of how to fix it.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for technical issues.